Kitchens Direct NI Ltd operates in both the domestic and commercial sectors. We are committed to the protection and enhancement of the environment and it is the Policy of the Company to improve the environmental performance of all our operations.
Through the implementation and maintenance of an effective Environmental Management System, Kitchens Direct NI Ltd are committed to ensuring the prevention of pollution, compliance with all legal and other requirements and to the continual improvement of our environmental performance.
The areas of operations which have been identified where environmental impact can be reduced are as follows:
- Reducing waste through effective material management
- Identify where site & office waste can be recycled
- Work with Habitat for Humanity for Upcycling of Removed Kitchens
- Regularly deliver Waste Appliances, Sinks and Taps to TMet
- Deliver and pay for the disposal of waste Fridges and Freezers to AER
- Maintain an on-site Skip with a reputable Waste Management company
- Reduce office energy wastage by ensuring that electrical appliances are switched off when not in use
- Work with the supply chain to reduce waste and to ensure that the materials which are supplied have the lowest environmental impact possible
- Reduce paper waste by using electronic documents
- Reduce CO2 emissions from the vehicle fleet through effective transport management and regular servicing
The management team will ensure that environmental procedures are implemented, recorded and reviewed. They will also ensure that all staff are kept informed of environmental performance and that they are trained to implement the company’s environmental procedures.